Saturday 28 October 2023

CE expresses deep condolences over Li Keqiang’s death


Chief Executive John Lee on Saturday expressed deep condolences over the passing of former premier Li Keqiang, who died on Friday of a sudden heart attack at the age of 68.

Speaking to reporters after appearing on a radio programme, Lee said the late premier had offered him advice on policy direction.

“What impressed me most was he kept reminding me to develop the economy so as to address people’s concerns about livelihood. And he asked me to implement measures to ensure the long-term prosperity and stability of Hong Kong. His words always remained on my mind and I have been implementing policies such as the ones I have announced in my policy address in accordance with his direction,” he said.

Lee recalled receiving his official appointment letter from the late premier and reporting to him around 17 months ago in Beijing.

“Whenever he spoke to me about Hong Kong, I felt very clearly the deep love that he had for the city. He asked me to be sure to implement fully and faithfully the principle of One country, Two systems.”

The CE said he would wait for the central government’s announcement to see what arrangements there will be to commemorate the late premier.

if (d.getElementById(id)) return;

js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3";

fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);

}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk') );

The post CE expresses deep condolences over Li Keqiang’s death appeared first on Hong Kong News Hub.



from
https://hongkongnewshk.com/ce-expresses-deep-condolences-over-li-keqiangs-death/

No comments:

Post a Comment

74,000 Runners Participate In Hong Kong Marathon, Including Icon Chow Yun-fat

The Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon, the city’s biggest sports event, saw a return to its pre-pandemic levels on Sunday, with a to...